OUR GENERAL CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Payment becomes due on the starting date of the recommended applicant, although 10 days are given for the processing thereof.
- A three-month guarantee period comes into effect on the starting date of the applicant.
- You validate the Syringa guarantee by making payment within 10 days of the applicant's starting date.
- If you validate the guarantee, and the hired candidate leaves your employ within 3 months for any reason other than retrenchment, Syringa undertakes to provide a replacement candidate free of charge within 30 days. In the event that no suitable replacement candidate is engaged via Syringa, you will be entitled to a credit note for a partial rebate of the fee, as follows: 1st month - 80%, 2nd month - 60%, 3rd month - 40%. Should your company for any reason whatsoever, decide not to consider our replacement candidates or should you choose to retrench or fill the position internally, or not at all, then no credit note will be applicable.
- Should you defer your hiring decision, and Syringa’s recommended candidate is hired by your company or group or any of its divisions, within 12 months of the original referral date, Syringa is entitled to the full sum and will invoice accordingly.
- In the event of you referring the candidate directly or indirectly to a third party and in the event of the third party employing the candidate, then, and in such event you shall remain liable to Syringa for the full fee as if you had employed the candidate.
- Whilst every care is taken by Syringa in the screening, selection and reference-checking of short-listed candidates, Syringa shall not be responsible or liable for any loss of whatsoever nature or kind, and however arising, from any act or omission of a candidate introduced to you by Syringa.
- No concession, indulgence or extension of terms which may be allowed to you by Syringa shall, under any circumstances whatsoever, be deemed to be a waiver of Syringa's rights in terms of this contract.
- Your acceptance of this CV shall be deemed to be acceptance of the terms and conditions herein contained, and constitute the entire contract between you and Syringa. No variation thereof shall be of any force or effect whatsoever unless the same has been reduced to writing and signed by both parties.
Although we do not contract out staff directly, we are sometimes able to introduce candidates for temporary employment. Such employees will be paid directly by yourselves, and an introduction fee will be charged at 35% of whatever wage/salary is paid to the employee during his employment, until the amount charged reaches a ceiling equivalent to a permanent placement fee. Should the temporary employee become permanent, the temporary invoices issued will be deducted from the permanent fee.